How To Root And Unroot Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102
Samsung Galaxy Y Duos is the Dual Sim variant of reputed Galaxy Y. It has certainly gained much popularity as its cousin Y. It is powered by 832Mhz processor, 290 MB RAM, 160 MB user accessible, 512 MB ROM, 2 GB, internal storage,3.14 in (80 mm) TFT FWVGA 320×240 px 256K Colors. It also has a 3MP camera with geotagging.
Here we show you how to Root and Unroot Y Duos...
Rooting can void warranty. Please be careful while executing these procedures.
Before starting download these files:
| Download Update.zip|
Enable the USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy Y Duos. Follow the path to enable it - ‘Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging’. Now, check the USB Debugging option.
- Before starting please backup all your data
- Copy the downloaded file into your SD card. Turn off phone.
- Press & hold ("Power + Volume Up + Home") keys & only let go of it when the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos logo appears.
- Now you enter recovery mode. Select the file "update.zip" from SD card. ( for scrolling use volume up and down keys. For selecting use home button)
- Confirm you selection by saying ‘Yes’ to the process. This may take few minutes to finish the process.
- Now, you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos.
Congrats for rooting Y Duos!!.Note: If you have any problems after rooting like - no sound from speaker. SD card not recognized etc, you need to unroot before going to seller in order to claim warranty.
After rooting the device , if you feel to unroot in future, the following procedure will help you.
- Download Unroot file given above.
- Uninstall all the Rooted apps
- Do the same procedure as did before but this time instaed of "update.zip" select "unroot.zip"