How To Increase Your HTC Pico's Internal Memory Using Link2SD
HTC explorer is super star in the android budget range. Loved equally by users and developers. I am not lying , see for yourself- almost all Cyanogen-mods ,scripts, kernels and lots more support Pico. Isn't it proof for its unmatched popularity.
Even with all these features, the greatest drawback is its lack in internal memory. Almost every user have complained about the dreaded low internal memory issue. Hopefully by the help of some awesome developers we managed to get a solution.
A simple method to increase your pico's internal memory is explained here. We use link2sd ( an android app available for free in playstore) to do the process.
What is Link2SD?
Link2SD uses the second partition of your SD card to use it as an additional segment of internal memory.
- Phone Must Be Rooted . Check:- How To Root HTC Explorer Pico
- Remove App2SD if you have it installed
- Move Apps From SD To internal to link afterwards
- Install Link2SD, no need to run it.
- No Need to format your SD card, just have atleast 1 GB free space.
- Stock ROM Supports FAT32 as primary. Those with kernal update having ext2,ext3 .. can use it also.
- Download MiniTool Partition Wizard From Internet.
- Run Minitool Partition Wizard
- Plug in your SD card using Card Reader ( USB Mounting is not trustworthy). You can view your SD card from Minitool partition ( try to reload if not present)
- Next right click on your SD card. From the pop up menu select " Move/Resize". It will bring you to a new section.
- Now move the memory slider to get min 512MB to 1024MB on " Unallocated Space", as shown in figure. I have created 1026.66 MB unallocated space. If you have a bigger SD card of 4-8-16-32 GB sizes, better go for 1-4 GB space. i was using a class 4 memory card ( 2GB ) for demonstration. Finally press OK
- Now you have to create a new partition on your unallocated space. For that right click on the new space and select" Create". (Right Click>>Create). It will show a pop-up message, just ignore it and press "Yes". ( It just shows that after you partition on the primary can be seen on Windows. You can view it on MiniTool)
- This will lead you to new window , where you have to partition your newly created space. Select a name for your drive, Choose "Create As"- Primary, then select "File System"- FAT32. Leave "Cluster Size"- Default. Finally Press OK.
- Then press " Apply " on Top Left Corner. It will give a warning, press OK and continue.
- It will take Some Time to create and resize partition. Wait till it finishes.
- You have successfully created the secondary partition for Link2SD. Reboot your device and follow the next processes on HTC Explorer.
Now Lets Head over to Link2SD
- Open Link2SD on your a310e, you will be welcomed with a screen like this. Now Select" FAT32 "
- Now you will get a message showing that mount script have been successfully created on your SD card. You need to restart your device. Press OK at the menu.
- Now you will recieve the old Power options. Choose Restart. Once restarted open Link2SD and click the Menu button and go to "Storage Info". You can see your Internal memory, and the two SD partitions.
- Now use Multi Select and select all the app to transfer. You can Select the Apps one by one also.
- Once you have selected all the required apps press "Actions" button. It Will Give You a new window with the following options as in figure. Select " Create Link"
- Next you will recieve a " Create Link? " Window. Tick all the three options and press OK.
- Once done you can see the selected apps have been linked to your SD card ( see an orange colored text on top of the app). Next Reboot Your Phone.
- After Rebooting you have to configure your Link2SD settings. Go to Settings by pressing the menu button and configure how you would like Link2SD to work.
There You go! You have successfully installed and configured Link2SD to increase your internal memory. ( Enable Auto link).
Feel Free To Comment.